Did you get more than you bargained for when grocery shopping?
When you walk into a New Jersey grocery store, you are probably more concerned with what is on your shopping list than whether or not you will be safe. A supermarket may not seem like an exceptionally dangerous place, but in reality, there are many hazards that could compromise your safety. In fact, many people suffer serious injuries as a result of incidents that occur while shopping.
If you are hurt because of something that happened in a supermarket, you may be unsure of what to do next. Who is to blame? Are you at fault at all? How will you manage your medical bills? Even a simple accident can lead to injuries that can have complex and expensive repercussions in your life. Fortunately, you do not have to walk through the aftermath alone.
How do you know if you have a case?
You may know that victims of premises liability cases have the right to pursue compensation from liable parties, but where should you start? While the majority of shopping injuries are minor, some are not. You may be one of the unlucky ones who is dealing with continued pain, lingering physical complications and expensive medical bills after what you thought was going to be a simple grocery store shopping trip. Some of the most common shopping injuries include:
- Head injuries and other types of bodily harm – These injuries can happen when merchandise falls, retail displays are not secure or there are other types of accidents.
- Slip-and-fall injuries – A slip-and-fall accident is a common premises liability incident, and it happens when there are unmarked slippery floors or other hazards.
- Overcrowded stores – When a store allows more people in the store than is safe, it can lead to trampling, pushing and shoving, all of which can cause injuries.
- Injuries from parking lot mishaps – Parking lot accidents can lead to serious bodily harm and may be the result of insufficient lighting, poorly marked spots and more.
- Shopping cart injuries – Even a simple shopping cart can cause you harm if it tips over or is unsafe for customer use for any reason.
If you suffered from any of these injuries or others, you could have a valid claim to compensation. Personal injury cases are time sensitive and complex, and you will find great benefit in working with a lawyer experienced in various types of premises liability cases.