Were You Seriously Injured In A Dangerous Parking Lot?
Parking lots are one of the most common sights in any urban area of New Jersey. They are so common, in fact, that it is easy to overlook just how dangerous they can be. Many premises liability claims concern injuries sustained in parking lots, either due to collisions with/between motor vehicles or accidents involving slipping and falling or tripping and falling.
These accidents often occur because property owners were negligent in the management, maintenance and repair of their parking lots. If you were seriously injured due to property owner negligence, our skilled attorneys at Goldstein & Goldstein, LLP, can help you seek compensation for your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages.
Common Causes Of Parking Lot Falls And Accidents
We can help you seek compensation for any scenario in which you tripped and fell in a parking lot due to property owner negligence, including:
- Slips and trips caused by failure to remove snow/ice and to apply salt in the winter
- Tripping over debris dropped in the parking lot and not cleaned up by property owners/managers
- Tripping on uneven pavement, cracked concrete and other hazards related to surface deterioration
- Tripping and falling while trying to get out of the way of cars due to poor traffic management
- Tripping at night due to low lighting and poor visibility in the parking lot
- Tripping on construction equipment because the property owner failed to warn visitors about repair work being done in the lot or elsewhere on the property
Because so many stores, nightclubs and other businesses monitor their parking lots with cameras, we may be able to obtain video or photographic evidence of the accident and its cause. During the investigation, we will also collect our own evidence of the dangerous conditions and seek witness statements from anyone who observed what happened at the time of your injury.
Assessing And Documenting Your Injuries
Trip-and-fall accidents in parking lots can result in serious injuries. Common examples include:
- Broken bones, cuts and bruises
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractures/dislocations to knees, elbows, wrists and other body parts likely to make direct contact with the ground when falling
- Soft-tissue injuries resulting in chronic pain
- Facial and dental injuries
- Permanent disfigurement
We will help you obtain all necessary medical records to document the full extent of your injuries. Then, we will use this and other information to hold negligent property owners accountable and to pursue full and fair compensation on your behalf.
Speak To A Skilled And Caring Attorney For Free
We are pleased to offer free initial consultations to prospective clients in and around Newark and East Orange, New Jersey. To schedule yours, call us at 973-609-5693 or fill out our online contact form. We take personal injury cases on contingency, which means we do not charge any legal fees if we don’t help you recover money. We can provide services in English, Spanish and French Creole.